Alumni Events 2016
April 1st: School Cross Country Carnival
April 8th: Anzac Day Ceremony
Alumni speakers program: Friday May 13th.
3rd June: Alumni cocktail evening, Common Room
24th June: Alumni wellbeing forum
Alumni speakers program: Friday 29th July,
Alumni soccer match: Friday 16th September
Friday 25th November: White Ribbon Day: Alumni breakfast and open morning
For more information about school initiated alumni events please phone the school office.
Teaching and Learning
- To encourage and support the achievement of personal excellence in all students so that they achieve their potential.
- To equip staff with sufficient knowledge and training so that they can identify underachievement and support these students to achieve their potential.
- To work in partnership with parents to support their sons and address underachievement.
- To use a range of data to identify students whose level of ability falls into the highly, exceptionally or profoundly gifted range.
- To train teachers to provide quality teaching and gifted and talented programs and initiatives which appropriately challenge and engage students with intellectual rigour in the curriculum according to their level of giftedness..
Gagne’s Differentiated Model of Giftedness and Talent (DMGT) provides the following definitions of giftedness and talent, and is used by the school as the foundation for its teaching programs:
- Giftedness is potential (natural aptitude or ability) that is significantly beyond what might be expected for one’s age, in any area of human ability including intellectual, creative, social and physical.
- Talented refers to actually performing or achieving at a level significantly above average in any area of human performance.
- Gifted Underachievers: A student who is gifted, but who has not yet been able to translate their potential into performance that is significantly above average may be seen as a “gifted underachiever”.
Gagne’s DMGT shows that the school has a crucial role in providing gifted students with appropriate opportunities for learning, training and practice so that gifted students can achieve their potential.
Tech Talk is the school’s monthly newsletter of school stories and events. It is a useful way to keep up to date with what is happening in the school, and the P&C report can be found here.
Looking for a particular STHS publication. Click here to see a range of downloads including Tech Talk, Annual School Report and School Plan.